Engineers Without Borders Kenya (EWB-Kenya) is a Non-Governmental Organisation registered under the NGOs Board under Certificate No. OP.218/051/17-054/10632 with the main objective to eradicate poverty in Kenya through humanitarian engineering in partnership with the Engineers Without Borders International.
Who we are
We are the leading Kenya’s organization for pro bono engineering services
We envision a society in which all the people have the capacity to sustainably meet their basic human needs.
The mission of EWB Kenya is to eradicate poverty through humanitarian engineering in Kenya. We do this by:
Providing clean water, sanitation and hygiene to the poor
Providing appropriate housing facilities to people without safe, secure and adequate housing.
Providing transport, healthcare and education infrastructure to the poor
Improving access to clean energy for the poor
Improving digital access to enable the poor to access information on changing weather patterns, current events, disasters and early warning systems, as well as general information on agriculture and markets to facilitate adaptation
- Providing sustainable agricultural infrastructure and value addition to agro-produce to address food security to small-scale farmers.
- Our Values
Accountability We take personal responsibility for using our resources efficiently, achieving measurable results, and being accountable to supporters, partners and, most of all, the poor. Leadership We show leadership and take an ambitious and brave approach to creating and sustaining change Togetherness We learn together, work together and have fun together – inspiring collective action Service beyond self We contribute our time and resources with humility and generosity to advance EWB’s vision Creativity We are innovative and bold – we imagine a better future and work together to make it happen. Integrity We aspire to live to the highest standards of personal honesty and behaviour; we never compromise our reputation and always act in the best interests of the poor Partnership Non-government organizations must work together to bring about a poverty free society. No single organization can do it alone.
- EWB – KENYA AREA OF INTERVENTION
- Rural development (Infrastructure; F.eg. Construction of buildings, Roads, Bridges, etc.);
- Economic transportation;
- Productivity and Youth employment;
- Power sector development;
- Agricultural Technical support;
- Water supply and treatment projects;
- Renewable energy technology;
- Scientific research development;
- Advanced computer networking;
- Youth and entrepreneurship innovation;
- Low cost housing and urban planning;
- Educational support and provision of trainings;
- Projects management and valuation;
- Provide practical skills and related workshops;